Terms & Conditions
The information set out within this section must be included in the Prize Schedule, Competitor Information and/or Official Program for your event/s and read by all persons attending the event.
By Signing the below Hirer accepts these rules and will ensure that they are adhered to at all times. Failure to comply may result in the organisation being refused future use as well as costs for damage.
This document must be signed by the Hirer and returned to the Ballarat Agricultural and Pastoral Society (BAPS) prior to the event.
- Approved Safety Helmets must be worn at all times when riding.
- Dogs are prohibited from the venue.
- Riding of horses bareback is Prohibited.
- Riding of rugged and/or unbridled horses is prohibited.
- Overnight accommodation at the venue is prohibited
- Any person may lead a maximum of two horses while mounted.
- Stallions must at all times be in control of a person aged 18 years or over, when led or ridden.
- Horses are not permitted near pedestrian door ways.
- Bicycles are not permitted in the Indoor Arenas or any stable block. Approved helmets must be worn at all times.
- Bicycles are not permitted near doors designated as public entrances or exits.
- Motor cyclists must wear approved safety helmets and hold the appropriate licence.
- Speed limits must be adhered to at all times.
- Power leads must not be on the ground or over roadways.
- Construction of portable/tape yards is prohibited.
- Alcohol must not be consumed at any time at the venue.
- Please observe all signs at the venue.
- Horses must be tied in a safe manner. Horses must not be tied to unattached floats, wheelie bins etc.
- No infrastructure to be erected on the Ballarat Equestrian Centre Grounds without written approval by the licensor prior to the event.
- Entry and Exit doors to Indoor Arenas are not to be obstructed at any time.
- Every event to book at the Ballarat Equestrian Centre must provide their own qualified first aid official/s.
- You are responsible for the care of the areas you hire.
- Ensure the venue is locked and lights are off at the conclusion of your booking / event.
- ELECTRICAL - Any electrical installation must be made by a qualified electrician approved contractor by the Licensor, and paid for by the Hirer. Any electrical goods brought into the venue must be tested and tagged by a qualified electrician.
- WASTE - All event and animal waste must be removed by the Hirer. An Animal Waste refuse area is available at the venue for this purpose. The disposal of bulk event waste must be arranged by the Hirer.
- NOSIE - Noise from musical equipment or electrical amplified sound producing equipment is limited to the hours of 7.00am and 10.00pm Monday to Thursday, 7.00am to 11.00pm Fridays, Saturdays and public holidays, and 9.00am – 10pm Sundays.
These guidelines are for the enjoyment and safety of all involved with hire and/or events at the Ballarat Equestrian Centre.
These conditions apply unless the Ballarat Agricultural and Pastoral Society has given the discipline/event/activity concerned a written exemption.
Exemptions must be applied for in writing and will only be valid for the dates granted.